Partnership & Licensing
RepliCel is a company focused on conducting innovative research leading to the development of high-value products for large-market opportunities. Our clinical strengths are in addressing hair, skin and tendon conditions. Our technology strengths are in cell therapy and medical devices.
We work with numerous collaborators to deliver on our research, clinical, manufacturing, regulatory, finance, development, engineering programs. We use partners to take our products to market.
RepliCel is purpose-built to partner with other companies for late-stage product development and commercialization. We look for licensing partners to complement our strengths. Our partners have proven commercial capabilities in our clinical markets (aesthetics and orthopedics).
All four RepliCel products currently in development are fully licensed to partners in Greater China (China, Hongkong, Macau, and Taiwan). Our RCH-01 asset is licensed across all of Asia. We still hold all the commercial rights to our products in the rest of the world outside of Asia.
Shiseido Company, Limited
Shiseido and RepliCel are co-developing the RCH-01 technology and will conduct human clinical trials in each of their territories with the goal of commercializing a safe and effective hair regenerative treatment to help those suffering from pattern baldness and thinning hair.
In 2013, RepliCel and Shiseido entered into a co-development and licensing agreement in which Shiseido was granted an exclusive license in Asia to RCH-01 and certain rights to related injected technologies in exchange for a ~$4,0000,000 upfront licensing fee and a commitment to pay all the costs related to clinical trials, regulatory clearances/approvals, manufacturing, clinical studies, sales, marketing, and distribution in their Territory and up to $31,000,0000 in post-commercial milestone payments plus sales royalties.
- Product: RCH-01 and related injection technologies
- Territory: Asia including Japan, Greater China, South Korea, etc.
- Field: Treating male and female androgenetic alopecia
- Terms: Upfront licensing fee, co-development of the Product in the Territory, milestone payments, and sales royalties
- Status: Shiseido is currently funding a human clinical study of RCH-01 at Tokyo Medical University Hospital and Toho University Ohasi Medical Center in Japan. The study is expected to complete the second half of 2018. RepliCel is currently funding a research study at the University of British Columbia which is expected to complete the first half of 2018 and deliver data which will potentially underpin improved manufacturing, product profiles, and clinical outcomes.
YOFOTO (China) Health Industry Co. Ltd
YOFOTO and RepliCel are co-developing several technologies and will conduct human clinical trials in each of their territories with the goal of commercializing safe and effective treatments for aging/sun-damaged skin and tendon degeneration.
In late 2017, RepliCel and YOFOTO entered into a co-development and licensing agreement in which YOFOTO was granted an exclusive license in Greater China to RCS-01, RCT-01 and certain rights to RCI-02 in an investment, co-development and licensing deal in exchange for an investment in RepliCel of ~$8,000,000 (priced at a 20% premium to market price), a commitment to pay all the costs (minimum ~$11,000,000) related to clinical trials, regulatory clearances/approvals, manufacturing, clinical studies, sales, marketing, and distribution in their Territory, and ~$4,500,000 in milestone payments plus sales royalties.
- Product: RCS-01, RCT-01 and certain rights to RCI-02
- Territory: Greater China (China, Hongkong, Taiwan, Macau)
- Field: Sun-damaged/aging skin and Tendinopathy/Tendinosis
- Terms: Upfront investment and licensing fee, co-development of the Product in the Territory, milestone payments, and sales
- Status: YOFOTO and RepliCel are currently defining their co-development and commercialization strategy in Greater China. This
will involve clinical trials of RCS-01 and RCT-01 in Hongkong and/or China as well as the commercial launch of the RCI-02 dermal injector
upon it receiving CE mark clearance in Europe.
RepliCel has a roster of ongoing discussions with potential partners, a select few of which have now matured into due diligence and negotiations. We expect one or more of these to lead to further partnerships announced in 2019.
To explore a potential collaboration or licensing opportunities, submit your query to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (604) 248.8730.