FOR Next Gen Dermal Injection Technology
RCI-02 is our next-generation dermal injector. RCI-02 is the world's first motorized injection device with programmable depth and volume, a built-in Peltier element for pre-injection numbing of the skin and interchangeable needle head configurations. It is designed to deliver a variety of injectable substances in and under the skin with an array of needle configurations, ranging from a single needle to a 16-needle configuration (4x4) on one head. These interchangeable heads can be used to perform a variety of procedures, increase surface area coverage and speed-up procedure times.
The RCI-02 injector was designed with input from dermatologists, industrial designers, and electronic and medical device engineers to improve the delivery of a variety of injectables in a controlled, precise manner, removing the risks and uncertainties of injection outcomes currently resulting from manually operated, single-needle syringes.
Equipped with a touch screen on its accompanying docking station, the device's programmability allows for the delivery of precise quantities of material, at specific depths, through fine-gauge needles, on a single plain or trailing through multi-plains as the needle retracts through the skin.
The near-term commercial opportunity for RCI-02 is to improve the injection of hyaluronic acid-based ("HA") dermal fillers. RepliCel's dermatologist advisors believe this device has the potential to significantly expand the number of HA dermal injection procedures currently performed.
Prototypes are now being tested for industrial and regulatory approval, the data from which will be used to prepare for an application for CE mark clearance to market the injector in Europe.
RCI-02 is designed to deliver:
- a variety of injectable substances including cells, dermal fillers, drugs or biologics;
- intradermally (dermis), subcutaneously (fat) or intramuscularly (muscle); and
- via an array of needle configurations ranging from a single needle to a 16 needle configuration, (4x4) on one head.
- Digital, touch-screen controls
- Programmable depth & volume
- Removable Peltier element for sterilization
- Interchangeable needle heads
- Multiple needle configurations
- Pre-filled disposable cartridges
- High-powered light
- Delivery of a variety of injectable substances
- Enables broad, shallow injections for fine wrinkles
- Increases precision and ease of application
- Improved control and delivery
- Comfort grip for ease of use
- Increased surface area coverage
- Quicker procedure times
- Reduction in use of local anaesthetics
- Less pain and bruising
- Improved consistency of results
RCI-02 Mode of Action
The RCI-02 Injector will be able to deliver substances into specific layers of the skin while controlling for depth, volume, flow rate and shear stress. These controllable features importantly allow for deposition of injectable materials in 3 dimensions.